We are hiring a full time Quantity Surveyor for our busy engineering firm:
Responsibilities will include:
- Compiling estimates to ensure that tenders and projects are accurately costed.
- Ensuring that tender and pricing documents are completed and returned within a set time frame.
- Analysing contracts and documentation, negotiation and finalise orders.
- Financial and commercial management of projects to final account completion.
- Site records and document control.
- Prepare valuations with adequate records and details, agree as works progress for interim project payments.
- Preparation of forecasts, targets and cost valuations along with reconciliation of valuations.
- Update projected final account, prepare and submit in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively utilise a range of technology platforms.
- Be fully conversant with the use of the standard method of measurement.
- Demonstrate ownership/commercial awareness.
- Effective time management, organisational, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- A third level qualification in Quantity Surveying/Construction Management is desirable but not essential.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries call the office on 0749133225
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. JC Engineering is an equal opportunities employer.